Vampires at Vault 713
A Vampire character is a type of non-human character that comes from one of six origin clans. Vampires traditionally are nocturnal creatures that may only wake at night, although there are some variations between clans. Some vampires also have abilities similar to the wizarding Animagusability, which allows them to turn into bats or bat-like creatures. Depending on the type of vampire, they can also be warded off in many ways and are generally considered "immortal" as they are invincible to most killing curses, fatal wounds, or diseases.
Vampires as Player Characters
Those players wishing to play as Vampires must apply in the Beast & Being Application Forum with the proper application. Players are required to select one of the predetermined clans for their character, and original clans are not permitted. Players must adhere to the rules of their clan when playing, so please read the details of each thoroughly before you select one. We reserve the right to deny any character that we believe does not meet the cultural requirements of the clan they have requested.
Age and Status
The visual age of a vampire will vary from individual to individual, as some have been sired from a very young age while others were turned much later in life. Several terms apply to the actual age of a vampire, and are listed below. Traits and abilities within clans will often be dependent on the age of the vampire.
- Fledglings - a new vampire who has been recently turned, within the past fifty years.
- Medials - a vampire who has been turned at least fifty years prior, up to five hundred hundred years prior.
- Elders - a vampire who has been turned between five hundred and one thousand years prior.
- Ancients - a vampire who has been turned one thousand years prior or older.
- Vampires are not permitted to own or handle a wand.
- Vampires must be registered with the Ministry of Magic of their home country and made to carry an identification card.
- It is illegal to create new vampires, however this does not stop many vampires from turning their victims anyway - though the Ministry attempts to keep close tabs on all vampires, including new fledglings.
- Vampires are not permitted to enter any public establishment unless accompanied by a mortal Witch or Wizard.
Effects of Spells on Vampires
- Avada Kedavra, the killing curse, is known to put vampires into a death-like state similar to a coma or petrification. It's duration is affected directly by the age of the vampire, for example:
- Fledglings - 3 to 4 Weeks, 6 Weeks if just turned within 72 hours.
- Medials - 7 to 13 Days.
- Elders - 48 to 72 Hours.
- Ancients - 24 Hours.
Vampire clans dictate the origin, heritage, traits, abilities, and personality of each vampire. While there are variations on this amongst individuals, as a whole they tend to take after the traits that were instilled in them upon being sired. Magical abilities, feeding habits, and country of origin all vary based on what clan a vampire has come from. Some clans may be very close and work together as a unit, while others are more independent and often will never come in contact with another.
While we have provided a brief summary of each clan on this page, you will need to view the separate page on each clan for the full information on each, especially if you intend on creating a vampire character.
- The Abha Iblis clan was created due to the corrupted wishes of three greedy Arabian princes after they stumbled upon and captured a crafty Djinn who promised them the fulfillment of one wish each. Their individual wishes, which were unknowingly shared between all three of them, resulted in exactly what they wished for themselves to be shared amongst the three princes; an everlasting legacy, eternal youth, and the death of every first born male in their comrade's families. As all of the princes were first borns themselves, the wishes conflicted. The resulting compromise between eternal legacy and death created the first three Abha Iblis vampires - creatures of undeath with the ability to create an everlasting, ever youthful legacy. (Read More)
Fleur du Sang
- Vampires of the Fleur du Sang Clan represent all that is lavish, extravagant, and romantic. They believe that they have been blessed with gifts from the gods and often hold a level of attractiveness reminiscent to that of the Veela. Vampires of this clan are perhaps the most emotional of the six clans and are much more likely to be involved romantically with those they wish to sire, as it is considered a generous act to turn a loved one into an undead member of the clan. They believe themselves to be better or greater than those of the other clans, with their largest rival being the middle eastern Abha Iblis Clan. Despite their displeasure regarding interacting with any other clan, they are on fair terms with the Nosferatu Clan of Romania. (Read More)
- The Nosferatu Clan is one of the oldest and most ancient clans of vampires, as well as one of the most structural. They are not as primitive as their cousins overseas, such as the Peuchen Clan, but lack the extravagant lifestyle of those in the Fleur du Sang Clan. Nosferatu vampires are noted for their primal attitudes and similarity to the great legend, Dracula. These vampires are currently not available for play.
- While many would say that the Vampires of the Ramanga Clan tend to be feral, that isn't truly the case. Ramanga Vampires usually chose to lead a more naturalistic lifestyle; one that keeps them in tune with mother nature. While many Ramanga still practice the ancient healing arts of the land, mixing roots and herbs into powerful ungents and potions, they are more well-know for their sensory effecting abilities and trickster attitudes. Most members of the Ramanga Clan hail from Africa, though they are known to dwell in many other parts of the world. (Read More)