- Full Name: Declan Edward Tubblesnout
Known as: Declan Tubblesnout, Mr Tubblesnout
Nickname(s): Tubby, Dex
Birthday: May 16, 1964
Place of Birth: Oxford, Great Britain
Place of Residence: ?
Financial Status: Average
- Magdalen College School, Oxford - graduated from Sixth Form in 1982
University of Oxford - Faculty of English Language and Literature - graduated in 1986
Some teacher school - graduated in 1990
- PB: Peter Ellard
Declan is a guy of average height, and a little above average weight. He just loves to eat, who can blame him? Especially with his wife being a candy-maker.. He's got black hair, which runs in the family, that he wears pretty short but ruffled. His eyes are green, though with what looks like grey spots in them. Actually they're a mix of those two colors, but he likes to call them green because he thinks it's more mysterious. Yet he would never admit this, at least not to anyone except his wife. There's some liver dots on his back and his right arm, and in summer his face is covered in freckles.
His clothing style is rather average, if there is such a thing as an average clothing style. He prefers to wear jeans or simple chino pants, with a t-shirt or a pullover when it's colder. He also loves button-down long-sleeved shirts. He does wear a leather bracelet with his wife's and his daughter's names on it (cheesy, eh?).
- One could say Declan is a dreamer. Which he probably is. He is a fan of poetry and literature in general, and it seems like he didn't really grow out of his fantasies since he was a child. Then again, this is not exactly a bad thing, correct? Admittedly, this guy is quite unrealistic at times, and sometimes he goes a little too far in making things up or pretending there's some creature that doesn't exist. In the end, however, he mostly laughs about the weird stories he tells, not really believing that stuff can be true.
He's a fun guy, definitely. Not always the bravest when it comes to doing things others dare him to. He hardly jumps on dares. But he loves to laugh and to mess around, at least sometimes he messes around, and he's definitely the guy to prefer spending a night with his friends in the pub than alone on the couch. He does love his wife Samantha dearly, as well as his 3-year old daughter Maybell. Despite being pretty much of a coward, Declan would do anything for his two girls. Anything, I tell you.
Teaching is his passion. He's passionate about literature and he knew he would become an English teacher before he even finished school. Most teenagers aren't too interested in English class, admittedly, but still Declan tries his best to get them to realise just how lovely books are. Books, poetry, plays - he does them all. He's also a fan of drama, as in theater, and would love to host a Drama Club at school. So far, however, he hasn't started on that idea.
Personal strengths: Diplomatic, Easygoing, Forgiving
Personal weaknesses: Cowardly, Clinging, Unrealistic
- Declan was born as the second son of the Tubblesnout family, 3 years after his older brother Duncan. His parents Joseph and Erica Tubblesnout were farmers, working hard every hard but still spending as much time with their children as they could. They were a loving family, but there was hardly room for holidays or things the like. They had animals to take care of, after all. This is the one thing that Declan promised to do differently once he would have a family. His brother got the farm, anyway, but Declan wanted his children to see places, to spend whole days with their parents.
Well, he had a happy childhood nonetheless. He and his brother often fought, though it was more of a friendly, brother-y sort than anything else. Declan also lost most of these fights; he never was a strong guy. Maybe it is because of those fights, or it's due to other reasons, but today the guy is quite the coward. Sure, he would fight for those he loves, if he really needed to, but well. He's not a fighter.
The boy's love for the English language grew quickly once he was able to read. He grabbed every book he could find in their house, borrowed them from friends or his grand-parents. He was a rather skilled reader at an early age, spending more time with books than anything else. Still, there were those times that his brother made him come out and play with him, which lead to him staying healthy. Being inside and reading all the time cannot be all too good for a little boy, can it?
When he started to school, Declan proved to be the more intelligent son of the family. Duncan was not stupid, but he had other priorities and admittedly didn't have the same 'school smarts' as his little brother. Not that the elder son bothered - he was fine being the cooler child of the family. Declan was the one bringing home the good grades, while Duncan prided himself with having played a prank on some teacher. They got along, and their parents didn't mind either extreme.
Other than his brother who was done with his education after finisching school the 'normal way', as he called it, Declan continued to Sixth Form and then to University, studying English Language and Literature. Even if he'd been sure he wanted to be a teacher for a pretty long time, he wanted to study this passion of his first, before turning to teaching. It was during his time at University that he met a girl called Samantha, and the two of them fell in love.
They became a couple, broke up after a year and had a pause, as they call it now, then got back together after 7 months and have stayed together until this very day. They married in 1991, when both of them were 27. Two years later their daughter was born, called Maybell because of Samantha's and Declan's birthdays being in May.
Since he was 24, Declan has teached English at Marshall Ladies' Academy, and he loves his job. He thinks it's a little weird to have only girls at the school, but still he prefers it over teaching at the sister school Smeltings. It was a spontaneous decision when he applied for the job, but now he is practically waiting for the day Maybell starts at the school.
- Librarian's assistant, during University (until he was 20)
Teacher's assistant (ages 20 to 22)
Trainee teacher (ages 22 to 24)
Teacher at Marshall (age 24 to today)