Welcome Back!Admin's Note
- Well, it's been a rocky summer - the staff have had to deal with family emergencies, hurricanes, sudden illness, and everything else you can name - so while we'd like to offer our most humble apologies that things have been running behind, we're proud to announce that we are back and better than ever! Please take a minute to read over this announcement, as several things are changing this year or have already changed. We realize some things you may have been expecting are missing - but they're on the way! Manda has taken the past week off her regular job to make sure things get done here at Vault 713, so while it may take a few days, we will be back up at 100% before you know it.
Start of Term is Upon Us!
As you may have noticed, Hogwarts, Beauxbatons, & Durmstrang have opened their doors for the '95-'96 term. Students should take care to arrive in a timely manner by the designated transportation and participate in any start of term events that are available. Please be aware of the following important dates, also:
- Classes begin Monday, September 5 for Beauxbatons, Durmstrang, & Hogwarts students.
- The Sorting Ceremony will begin on Wednesday, September 7 for Hogwarts students.
- Salem Institute & Seireitei University will open their doors on Thursday, September 15.
- Salem Institute & Seireitei University will begin classes on Monday, September 19.
- Blessed Isis Temple will open on Saturday, October 1 with classes to begin the following monday.
Durmstrang is experiencing a big change this year! We have decided to relocate Durmstrang Institute to the country of Norway instead of Russia. While doing research on the campus to determine how to expand the forum for this school, we found significant evidence that Durmstrang may be located in Norway. The HP Wiki has some excellent examples of some of this information - including word from J.K. Rowling herself!
In order to accommodate this change we would like to offer all current or graduate students from Durmstrang the opportunity to alter their histories as they would like - or to leave them the same. If you prefer to say that your graduate attended school in Russia, that is perfectly acceptable. Players needing assistance adapting their characters to the changes are also more than welcome to visit the Help Desk and a Vaultkeeper will be glad to assist you.
Do note that the admission requirements for Durmstrang have not changed and that students from the former U.S.S.R. region, Germany, and other areas that were previously allowed at Durmstrang still have a place there.
Character Creation Changes
As many of you are aware, we have now reverted over to our Character Slots system, and have changed the Character Sheet Templates that go along with creating a character as well. If you have not yet, you may wish to view the Player Key/Slots introduction to get a feel for this new system.
We ask for your patience as well, since our staff are also getting used to this new system - this will be the first time using this system for everyone at Vault 713! Help us by providing feedback, asking questions, and being respectful to the staff. Some things may be changed as we adapt to the new system, so please don't be alarmed if something moves around or is altered!
Pottermore and Vault 713
With the release of Pottermore, it has come to our attention that we are finding out quite a bit of new information on pre-existing places, objects, and characters. In order to adapt our game as smoothly as possible, we have drafted up a Pottermore Policy to detail how we will handle new information. Players are urged to check and double check websites like the HP Wiki before creating new canon characters as well, just in case any information on those characters has been released since you last read the books.
A Look Ahead at the 1995-1996 School Term
What we have available tonight is not all we have in store for you all - we hope to be rolling out many new features over the next few days and coming weeks. Below is a sample of what we hope to have available. Please refrain from posting questions in the Help Desk about these features - we will have them out and ready before you know it!
- Time Turner and Beast & Being Character Creation - These will be returning soon, as we still need to alter the templates to match the new system. Perhaps we'll even have a new beast or two!
- Special Abilities - We know you've missed it, and it's coming back! Teach your character how to read minds, transform into an animal, and more!
- Job Center - A new system for magical careers is on the way! Not only will you be able to choose a new career for your character if they've tired of their old one, but you'll also be able to work your way up the ranks and complete tasks for your job to earn rewards.
- Character Housing - Does your character fancy a tiny studio flat, or a giant mansion? Players will be able to acquire housing for their character, whether it's located in an apartment complex forum or a series of sections for you to role play in an expansive estate.
- More Expanded Role Playing Areas - You may have already noticed the new expanded sections for Hogwarts, Beauxbatons, Durmstrang, and the United Kingdom; we plan to take this even further! Watch as your favorite role playing areas are expanded to include even more role playing options for your characters.
- Milestones, Rewards, and More! - Slowly but surely, we'll be rolling out milestones, colorful personalized tag bars, and other rewards for your character.
As you can see, we have many big plans for this year - this is just a small sample. So kick back, relax, and enjoy another term at your favorite magical school; we'll handle all the technical stuff!
We hope everyone had an absolutely wonderful summer - and remember, keep your wands at the ready!