I thought I'd take a minute to go ahead and let you guys know some of the things we've been working on and what all is coming down the pike for the next few weeks (and maybe months!) as well as update on some frequently asked questions we've had lately.
New Tags & Bars
- We are getting to these...slowly! We have somewhere around 200+ images to make if you include the new (yes, new!) ones that we're adding - while many of them are already done, many are not. Eventually every tag or bar will have a new graphic, but unfortunately it's time consuming and I've been getting a little burned out on making them (I did nearly 80 in one day this past week!) so I needed to take a little break! In the mean time, if you need help getting a tag change, you can always visit the Help Desk.
Prefects & Quidditch at Hogwarts
- Quidditch will return soon! According to canon, Umbridge lays down the law that there's no more clubs - meaning no more Quidditch - which will be happening very, very soon. Once we've hit that point, we can open up Quidditch again - that is, of course, if she give us written permission from the Minister himself! (Don't forget that Umbridge is still a very available canon character!)
As for Prefects, this year we are sticking to strictly canon - this means that any canon character mentioned in the books as a Prefect in Harry's fifth year will be a Prefect in our game, such as Ron & Hermione. Please note that some canon prefects may be available, so if you'd like to play a prefect, you'll have to go that route!
Jobs, Housing, Special Abilities, Beasts & Beings, Time Turner Characters, Slot Claim
- These are coming, we promise! We're working through things as quickly as we can, but a lot of these rely on other things, such as us hiring new staff members! We definitely haven't forgotten about them and have things on the way for each, so keep an eye out. They'll be here before you know it!
Speaking of Hiring...
- Within the next week we will be bringing on two new moderators, and then two more the week after that. We could still use a few extra hands, so if you haven't read the hiring announcement yet, click here to do so. Hiring means we can get features like the ones mentioned before out to you quicker and more efficiently!
Rearranging the Forums
- I have been personally going through a Forum Identity Crisis lately and simply cannot settle on a layout that I'm happy with. Sorry! I know it's obnoxious! Hopefully the rearranging will stop within the next few days so that we can all get back to our regularly scheduled role play. That said, if you like or dislike how something is laid out, please send me a PM to let me know or post in Anonymous Feedback
Blessed Isis is Opening!
- Our final school starts it's term on October 1 - Blessed Isis Temple of Spells in Egypt. If you are interested in creating a character for this school, go for it! In fact, if you include the phrase "Blessed Isis Temple" under the "How did you find us" section of your account when you post your character sheet, we'll let you create a student or professor for this school without taking up one of your existing slots. This only lasts through October 15! How cool is that? Isis students are particularly awesome because they can learn the Animagi ability before any other character, as well as study wandcrafting. We hope to see you there!
I think that's it for right now - we just wanted to dip in and let everyone know what's going on, what we're up to, and so on. Hopefully you'll hear from us again soon!