New Year, New Surprises!If you can believe it, it's already 2012 - which means that it's now 1996 in game! You may have noticed a variety of changes around the board because of this - particularly in the News Room where we have posted news articles and decrees to "catch us up" to where we should be with the plot. Azkaban Escapees are running rampant, Umbridge is expanding her tyranny over Hogwarts, and the Runespoor Rebellion is gearing up for some mass attacks in the United States. It's a time of turmoil for the entire Wizarding World - which may begin to affect Muggles if we aren't careful.
We hope everyone is looking forward to a great year - please take the time to read these announcements thoroughly. We still have many things we plan on adding and updating this week, but decided to go ahead and get the board open for you all to be able to jump in and resume your stories!
Character Creation Updates
- While we will be rolling out a new "holds" system very soon, we have resumed using the Wants and Holds page in the mean time to list character types we are currently not accepting. Please know that these are temporary; we are just working our way through some new things and don't have everything set up properly for certain character types!
Credits System Update
- Credits are now being sent exclusively to Roleplay Hub accounts - if you have completed threads, you will need to have an account at http://roleplayhub.com to receive your credits for them! We realize the inconvenience this can cause for some members, but it is a much needed change for our staff team, as the amount of characters and credits being sent here at the Vault is becoming unmanageable. It only takes a few minutes to sign up with the Hub, and as a bonus you'll be able to join in the member chatbox, participate in discussions, and more!
Adoption System Update
- Characters that are dropped and put up for adoption will no longer be attached to existing accounts. Instead, the completed character sheet will be posted in our Play My Character forum, and the player that claims it will need to create a new account and submit the character sheet for approval as they would with a brand new character.
- The drop down menu at the top of the forum has been changed! Please take a minute to explore your options and get to know this new menu. We would like to bring particular attention to the missing "Resources" button - this has been replaced with "Story Options" and "Our Setting." We will be adding to both menus over the next few days, but we encourage you to investigate what is currently available. We would like to bring particular attention to the new Resource Library page located under "Our Setting" - this page will give you an in-depth list of every page of information available at Vault 713, organized by type. While many of these pages are linked elsewhere on the Vault, if you can't find it anywhere else, you'll be able to find it here!
New Feature - Career Placement Agency
- We are proud to announce our brand new job center, the Career Placement Agency. The Agency currently provides a place for characters to apply for new jobs if they're looking to cure their unemployment or just need a change of pace. Over the next few weeks we will also be adding options for characters to create their own shop or business, complete temporary job assignments, and more.
New Feature - Special Abilities Applications
- Everyone's favorite feature has returned - special abilities! Teach your character to become an Animagus, discover their hidden Metamorphmagi abilities, and more. Currently special abilities can only be purchased with credits, but we will be offering additional ways to gain abilities in the near future.
New Feature - Special Requests
- We now have two new "Request" features for your characters - a Pen-Pal Request for your character to meet a new friend to exchange owl post with, and a Plot Point Request for your character to experience pregnancy, a death in the family, get married, and more! Please visit each of these request forms to gain full details on how these features will work.
That's about it for us for now - as we said, we will be rolling out even more new exciting things this week, so keep your eyes peeled and keep checking the Bulletin Board often!