Quidditch, Quidditch, Quidditch!Alright, folks! As we make our way towards the Pro Quidditch Draft (Beginning April 29) we have just a few announcements and guidelines to go over before we get going. If you are at all interested in playing or creating a Professional Quidditch Player, please pay close attention to this announcement! If you still have questions after reading, feel free to leave them in this thread so that we can keep all the Quidditch-related stuff in one place.
Free Character Day - Quidditch Players
- Beginning at Midnight EST on Wednesday, April 25 all players - both new and old - are invited to create a character who meets one of the conditions below. This character will not require them to use up a character slot, so whether you're maxed out on characters, brand new, or have tons of slots available you'll still be able to create a character. If this is your first ever character at Vault 713, that's okay too! We look forward to having you join us!
- A 7th year character at any school who clearly and plainly intends to try out during the draft.
- A witch, wizard, seer, metamorphmagi, full or half veela, half-goblin, or half-giant who is at least 17 years of age, no longer in school, and clearly and plainly intends to try out during the draft. ("Former" and "Has-Been" Quidditch players are acceptable - get creative with it!)
- A character who currently/already plays for the Braga Broomfleet, Chudley Cannons, Fitchburg Finches, Kenmare Kestrels, Toyohashi Tengu, or Wimbourne Wasps. (Subject to which positions are taken/available.)
In order for the character to be exempt from needing a slot, they must meet one of the following criteria:
Drafting Combine Overview
- Starting on April 29, there will be three weeks of Draft threads taking place at a stadium (set up in a special forum) in the Australian outback. Any character who is age 17+ may participate, including characters who already have jobs. (Ministry worker having a middle life crisis who needs to pick up a sport? Go for it!) If your character is already on an existing team, they may choose to participate in the draft if they would like to either be traded to a new team or just to show off their skills.
- At the beginning of the draft, there will be a special "Check In" thread for all characters who will be participating. Here you will be able to declare your character's preferred position(s), preferred team location, and their skills in various areas.
- There will be three weeks of trials with each week focusing on a particular area of the game - Week 1 will consist of Flying & Tactics, Week 2 Shooting & Scoring, and Week 3 Scrimmage Gameplay. Each week will feature it's own unique challenge threads with prompts for your character. Not every character is going to be good at everything, so try to have a little fun with it. Maybe they are awesome at Week 1 but not so great in Week 2. Make things interesting!
- We have an established set of Quidditch Gameplay Rules that each player who participates in Pro Quidditch Games (as well as the draft) should be familiar with. Though these rules may be changing prior to the kickoff of the season, we will make absolutely sure that everyone is made aware of any changes prior to the start of gameplay.
- Characters do not need to participate in all three weeks of the draft to be selected, but priority in positions & teams will be given to those who give full participation. If you create your character or decide to join in mid-draft, you will still be able to join a team.
- Once the draft is complete, the existing teams will remain open for new characters to be created, so if you happen to be reading this note in the future and are concerned - we will not be closing off Pro Quidditch Players just because the draft is over.
- The drafting teams - aside from the six currently in play - will remain a secret until the draft results are posted. The more participation we get, the more new teams will be unlocked. Players are welcome to list teams not currently in play on their check-in for which teams they are interested in, and again - if those characters give their full participation in the draft, we may very well choose from those teams first.
Think you've got what it takes?
We'll be back on Sunday to kick off the draft - for now, get to making those Quidditch Players!