- Full Name: Chiara Morgan Santorini
Known As: Chiara
Nicknames: Chi, Chia, Chio, Ara, she will listen to any variation on her name.
Current Age: 20
Date of Birth: 20th of May, 1975.
Place of Birth: St. Mungo's Hospital, London.
Place of Residence: Hogsmeade, and random hotels scattered across the world.
Blood Line: Mixed blood.
Heritage: English and Italian.
Financial Status: Average.
Profession: Professional Quidditch player for the Chudley Cannons.
Alma Mater: Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.
Year of Graduation: 1993.
Pet(s): A barn owl, Juanita.
Wand: Ten inches, cherry wood, core of dragon heartstring, sturdy.
Patronus: Collie dog.
Additional Abilities: Has her apparition licence.
- Chiara is a rather plain looking young woman. She is of average height, leaning slightly to the shorter side. She’s skinny, due to her constant exercise the only weight she gains is muscle. She might be small and skinny, but she can pack a punch. Chi has pale skin, and an oval shaped face. Her hair is thin, straight and light blonde in colour, her eyes are blue. She isn’t too bothered about how she dresses, but with the fame that comes with being a Professional Quidditch player, Chiara does make sure that she doesn’t look ugly when out in public. She does prefer a more simple style of clothing, not too posh or frilly.
PERSONALITY, TRAITS & QUIRKS
- Spontaneous pretty much sums her up. Chiara is a happy, enthusiastic and friendly girl, and yes she does still consider herself a girl, and not a woman. She often blurts out everything that pops into her head, she’s sociable and she loves to laugh and joke around. Chiara is a very sweet girl; she loves nicknames and will call everyone ‘sweetie’ or ‘honey’. She’s also very affectionate. Chi can act a little immature, and she doesn’t take many things seriously. She’s forgetful and disorganized, trusting her with anything important is a bad idea. Chiara is impatient and has a short temper, but she never holds grudges. After she has calmed down, she usually forgives and forgets immediately. Chi is quite the tomboy, while growing up she always found that she enjoyed the company of boys better.
Chiara’s greatest passion is Quidditch. When she’s on the pitch, she changes into almost a different person. Suddenly, she’s focused, passionate and fiercely competitive. It doesn’t bother her that she plays for the Chudley Cannons, who are on a losing streak. Chiara is optimistic and believe that they will pick up again soon. She enjoys her fame, but doesn’t let it get to her head. Chi Santorini is always herself, both in interviews with the media, and in the pub with her mates.
HISTORY & PAST
- Chiara was born on the 20th of May, in St. Mungo’s hospital. She was the first child in her family, born to Alessandro Santorini, an Italian Wizard, and Hazel Marsh, an English Witch. Alessandro met Hazel when they were young, and moved to England to be with her. Her name wasn’t really original, Chiara was her paternal grandmother, and her middle name Morgan came from her maternal grandmother. She was an easy baby though, entertained by the slightest thing. The Santorini’s are one of the magical families keeping themselves hidden amongst the Muggles in London, and they live in a magically enlarged apartment. Chi was a happy toddler, and learned to walk and talk fairly quickly. Hazel stayed at home to educate her daughter, while Alessandro had a position with the British Ministry of Magic.
Her childhood wasn’t very special, she was home educated by Hazel as a kid. Chi was always a sporty girl though; she was fascinated by every type of sport. Her mother soon picked up on this interest, so Hazel and Alessandro introduced her to Quidditch soon after. She was obsessed with the sport, and her favourite pretend game to play was ‘Quidditch’, and Chiara would run around pretending to be on a broomstick. She had some magical cousins and family friends, who she would chatter on to about Quidditch until they either told her to shut up or began to like it as well. Alessandro wasn’t a bad flier, he used to be an excellent Quidditch player back in the day, so he would take little Chi out to learn to fly during the weekends, when he wasn’t working. These little trips out with her father were one of the things she remembers the most about her childhood, she was always really happy there.
Chiara showed her first sign of magic at the age of seven. She did know about magic before, because she had been brought up that way since she was born. She had always been told that not everyone could do what Mummy and Daddy did, and that she couldn’t say anything to the other children in the area. Of course, Chi often slipped up and told people anyway, being the spontaneous girl she was, only nobody believed her. She performed magic herself when she was seven, and she was flying with her father. Alessandro thought that the talent was there, little Chi wasn’t entirely comfortable on a broomstick yet. She had lost control of the broom, and was being carried higher and higher into the air. Suddenly, instead of falling and crashing, Chiara was so scared that she managed to lower herself and the broom back down to the ground. She was really confused, but Alessandro explained that this type of thing could happen to magical kids when they were very afraid. It wasn’t really a comfort though, and flying was finished for the day.
Chi had been an only child until she was eight, but often wishing she had brothers and sisters to play with. She’s not a solitary person, and likes to be around others. When she was eight, her wish eventually came true. Hazel was pregnant again; they were having another child, another addition to the Santorini family. Chiara was delighted, and soon after she was told about it, her little sister Eva Liliana was born. Chi adored the little girl, and would often play with her and treat her like a living doll, sitting her with her own dolls and toys. When Eva was almost two years old, something tragic happened. Eva was a curious child, and while Hazel had left the room for a few minutes, Eva had managed to get hold of her wand, which Hazel had carelessly left within her reach. Eva was flicking it about, making sparks fly around the room. She pointed it towards the fire, and had made some alight pieces of coal fall out, setting fire to the carpet on which Eva was standing. By the time Hazel rushed back to the room after she heard Eva screaming, her youngest daughter’s clothes had also caught fire. Hazel extinguished the fire immediately, but Eva had still been burned. She was rushed to St. Mungo’s immediately, and the healers managed to erase some of the lighter burns on her face and shoulders. However, Eva was left with a nasty scar all across her stomach and chest, which she would keep for life.
Chi was terrified for her sister, but didn’t love her any less. She was always the one who would yell at any kid who dared to make fun of Eva about how she looked now. It became much less obvious when the scars on her face faded, but while growing up, Eva would never want to wear a bathing suit and swim, like all the other children did when it was warm. The entire family, including Chiara, also became much more wary of fire. Both Chi and Eva have a strong fear for fire after the incident. She also felt very protective over her little sister, especially because she seemed so much more fragile now; Chiara was the stronger and older one.
Only a year later, Chiara turned eleven, on the 20th of May. It was going to be an exciting few months for her, because she was expected to receive her Hogwarts letter. It did arrive, after what seemed like endless waiting, in the month of July. Her father went with her to Diagon Alley to buy her supplies. The only thing that disappointed Chi that day was the fact that first years weren’t allowed to have broomsticks. She was told not to worry; she could take her broom along in her second year. That September, Chi Santorini was a tiny blonde first year, whose trunk was almost bigger than she was. During the ceremony, the sorting hat considered Gryffindor for a while, before finally settling on Hufflepuff. It did turn out to really be the house for Chiara, she felt at home among the Hufflepuffs from day one.
It showed, even in her first year, that academics were really not Chiara’s thing. Teachers always reported back that she was simply not interested, and spent all of her time outdoors or on the Quidditch pitch, and if she was in class she would only daydream about being out. Chi excelled in flying class in her first year, and tried out for the Hufflepuff team in her second year. She alternated Chaser and Seeker positions, depending on what was needed that year. Her absolute favourite was still Seeker, though. Apart from flying, the only class Chi was any good at was Herbology, and in third year she was also good at Care of Magical Creatures. But she was the stereotypical Hufflepuff when it came to every other class, not doing really well at all, but still trying. She received four O.W.L’s in her fifth year, and three N.E.W.T’s in her seventh. Despite her relatively poor performances, Chiara loved Hogwarts, her favourite part obviously being its Quidditch facilities. But she was a bubbly girl, and soon enough had a lot of friends.
After graduation, Chiara did what most people had expected her to do all along. She followed her dream, and her one passion. Eighteen-year-old Chiara Santorini tried out for the Professional Quidditch teams. The only team that offered her a position as Seeker were the Chudley Cannons, who had a reputation of being past their peak; they were the losing team of the professional league. But Chi didn’t care about any of that, she was just happy to have been offered a job and a position. She has been playing for the Cannons for two years now, and while she may not be the most organized team member, she’s always friendly and enthusiastic, with a passion for what she is doing.
- Father: Alessandro Santorini - Italian Wizard - Works for the British MoM.
Mother: Hazel Santorini née Marsh - British Witch - Part time Gringotts employee.
Sibling: Eva Santorini - 14 - Fourth year Hogwartian
Maternal Aunt: Cornelia Starling nee Marsh - 45, British Witch, worker for the American Bureau of Magical Affairs, member of the Revealing Party.
Maternal Uncle: Doug Starling - 49, American Muggle, club owner.
Maternal Cousin: Amberly Starling - 16, sixth year Salem student.