Playby: Caterina Murino
- Full Name: Emilie Antoinette La Fratta
Known As: Emilie La Fratta
Current Age: 39
Date of Birth: May 5, 1956
Place of Birth: Monte-Carlo, Monaco
Place of Residence: Milan, Italy
Blood Line: Pureblood
Heritage: Monegasque (French)
Financial Status: Wealthy
Education/Profession: Professor Beauxbatons Academy of Magic
Wand: Pheonix Feather, Holly, 10 inches
Patronus: Snow leopard
Additional Abilities: N/A
- Emilie has dark, lustrous hair that reaches a little past her shoulders that is paired with beautiful grey eyes. Due to the fact that she was born in a city along the French Riviera, Emilie has slightly darker skin than those of the Parisian French. She stands at a modest 5' 5'' with a very voluptuous figure. Emilie generally wears her hair down around Beauxbatons.
PERSONALITY, TRAITS & QUIRKS
- Emilie is a a very compassionate person and is very kind. She can be very trusting, but also naive, as one will see later on. Emilie does angry at times and it can be very ugly, but she doesn't have the ability to hold a grudge for long; a day at the most.
HISTORY & PAST
- Emilie was born to an upperclass wizarding family in the city of Monte-Carlo, Monaco. The oldest of three, she was to lay down a path for her younger siblings to follow. She was a very good child and seemed to have a happy life until her parents divorced when she was only seven years old. It was an ugly thing that hurt Emilie deeply and it wouldn't end until she would leave Beauxbatons. After the divorce, Emilie and her sisters and brother were taken to Paris by their mother. They still lived comfortably, but mostly by their father's monthly payments to have them supported. The girl learned to despise her mother, especially for her greed and inability to be sensitive to her children's situation. When, at the age of eleven, she entered Beauxbatons Academy, Emilie vowed to make something of herself and raise a family in a home where both mother and father lived and loved.
Beauxbatons was a little intimidating to Emilie although she did love the freedom it gave her. She excelled in her classes especially in Astronomy and Transfiguration. By the end of her education, Emilie had decided to return to her alma mater and apply to be the Astronomy professor. But she had to get a few things out of her before she settled down. Emilie moved back down to Monte-Carlo after she graduated from Beauxbatons. It was there that she met a wizard by the name of Gaetano La Fratta. It was a whirlwind romance that left Emilie broken-hearted and pregnant. She knew what he was involved with and did not want their child growing up in such an environment. Emilie fled back to Paris without a word to Gaetano about her pregnancy or why she was leaving. In Paris, as she awaited the birth of her baby, Emilie researched Gaetano's organization further and found that it was under investigation of Department Five of the Ministry of Magic in England. The head of the investigation was a Walter Ravensdale. Emilie had given birth to a girl on December 10th. She was elated, but did not name the girl; she wouldn't have the baby for long. After a series of calls to the Ministry of Magic, Emilie had discovered that the man was currently in Paris on his honeymoon. She spied on him for quite some time before she found the opportune moment. Emilie gave the child to the couple in a French pub with a simple note designating her birthdate and the fact that she had not been named.
It would be the last time Emilie would ever see her daughter.
Life for Emilie had gone downhill after she gave up her daughter. She had to support herself with odd jobs, seeming to have forgotten her dreams of becoming a teacher of Astronomy. Emilie had not spoken to Gaetano ever since she had left so it was out of the question to turn to him. At the age of twenty, Emilie returned to Beauxbatons and has been teaching there for fifteen years. After a number of years teaching Astronomy, she has moved on to Etiquette, an exclusive Beauxbatons class.
- Father: Mathieu Bellamont (Head of the Trade Department at the French Ministry of Magic)
Mother: Marguerite Bellamont (deceased)
Sibling: Claire Bellamont (Nurse)
Sibling: Armand Bellamont (Quidditch player for the Monaco team)
Husband: Gaetano La Fratta
Daughter: Michelle Ravensdale