Goblins are short in stature, usually no more than three feet tall, with long fingers and feet, pointed ears and dark skin. They often have long beards or are balding. Half-Goblins are usually a little taller than Goblins and only show the dark skin or pointed ears. Full blooded Goblins have their own powerful magic.
Goblins are usually distinctively good or evil, but often remain neutral in times of war. They highly believe in revenge, the more dangerous the better, on those who commit wrongdoings against them.
Goblins sometimes revolt against humans, but often hold professions that serve them in some way. Most goblins are employed at branches of Gringott’s Wizarding Bank around the globe where they guard and mint currency. Many goblins are also skilled crafters, with an innate knack for blacksmithing, silversmithing, and similar professions. Half-Goblins are usually integrated into wizarding society as regular wizards with little to no mention of their Goblin blood.
Full blooded Goblins can be of any age, but may not attend school or own a wand. They may have any profession, but most are employed as crafters or for Gringotts. Half-Goblins may be of any age and have any profession, and may hold a wand as they are considered to be among wizards. Half-Goblins may attend many wizarding schools with the knowledge that they are not more powerful than their wizard peers, though some schools do frown upon those of even partial goblin blood.
Important Character Creation Points
- Crafting: Goblins and Half-Goblins are inherently skilled at metalcrafting and casting.
- Gobbledegook: Fluent in the language of Gobbledegook. Half-Goblins may learn it from goblin relatives.
- Wandless Magic: Can perform simple wandless magic such as security spells and crafting enchantments.
If you are making a goblin or half-goblin character, please be certain to include the following formation in your character sheet.
Roleplaying Ideas for Goblins and Half-Goblins
- Where your character’s goblin lineage came from
- Any limitations they have due to their size
Playing a goblin or half-goblin can be different than playing a witch or wizard, but they still have plenty of options! Here are some places you can take your goblin or half-goblin once they’re created.
- Half-Goblin students may attend many magical schools
- Half-Goblins can roleplay in any location that witches or wizards can
- Goblins typically are employed by Gringotts or forgers of magical artifacts, such as swords
- Goblins also do well as explorers or other hobbies that may take them around the globe