A Magical Roleplaying Experience 

Welcome Back! It's time for our 20th Start of Term!

#35285  by Lucia Flores Medina

It had been a long two months. Zeke had long since had to return to America to work at the bookstore and Lucia could tell her best friend was suffering due to it, especially since his family was insisting he couldn't leave the country in case he got sick again. She, on the other hand, was in between jobs at Witchy Watchers, and itching for an assignment. While she had been scouting some jobs, there was something nagging at the back of her mind.

While sitting on the sofa, wrapped up in a blanket, she was reading the Witchy Watchers manual. Her eyes widened as she sat up straight. There it was. A grin stretched across her face and she glanced around the room before drawing in a deep breath.

"Hey, butthead!" she called in the direction of Jaime's room. "Get out here! I have to show you something!"

Then she drew the blanket closer around herself, getting comfortable now that she was sitting instead of lying.
 #35287  by Jaime Reyes

Jaime knew as soon as he had woken up in the hospital that his parents weren't going to let him travel back to America. He just didn't realize how much it would suck when Zeke went back home and he was stuck living in his pool house again. The only positive was that his best friend was available to listen to him complain once a day. Spending time with Isa and Marcie was good initially, but then they also became overbearing.

He was lying on his bed, doing his daily activity of moping while also trying to write a letter to his boyfriend. He let out a loud, exaggerated sigh when he was summoned, then slowly got out of bed - something he had learned to do the past couple months.

"What, loser?" he asked as he exited his room, walking to his favourite chair and plopping in it.
 #35299  by Lucia Flores Medina

Lucia stuck her tongue out at him as he walked in the room. She sat still and silent for a moment, letting him stew in anticipation before finally smirking.

"So, you know how I've been waiting for another work assignment, right? Well... I think I might be on to something." She arched an eyebrow at him. "A while back I applied for a work visa for America in case something came up there. You know, the American Dream and all that. I kind of liked it there when I was visiting." She paused, waiting for his reaction.
 #35342  by Jaime Reyes

Jaime had raised an eyebrow and was starting to gesture for her to continue when she finally did. Another ping of sadness struck him as he thought about returning to America.

"The American Dream is pretty sweet," he gave his most genuine smile. "Make sure you occasionally check to see if Zeke is still real if and when you get an assignment there?"
 #35362  by Lucia Flores Medina

Lucia giggled, leaning forward and making direct eye contact with him. "Absolutely," she said, giving him the thumbs up. "But, wouldn't it be great if I saw him and you every day?"

She said it as if it were some big mysterious secret, as if she wanted him to try and figure it out on his own, even before she gave him all the details.
 #35426  by Jaime Reyes

Jaime tilted his head. She was being too mysterious for his liking, especially this early in the... day. He began gesturing for her to continue again. “That would be great, but I’m stuck here and he has a job there and fire’s too hot to sit by every day.”
 #35428  by Lucia Flores Medina

Lucia smirked. "What if you weren't stuck here? I know your parents said you can't leave because they're afraid you won't have anyone to look after you, but... what if you had someone to look after you?"

She rose to her feet, pacing back and forth, slowly, in front of him. Her finger was on her chin in mock deep thought. "What if you had a live in home care aide to look after you? But of course, they would have to really understand you and your needs, and have experience looking after people, and... oh, doesn't Witchy Watchers hire home care aides? And don't you know someone who works for Witchy Watchers who has a valid work visa for America?" She stopped, turning to face him, her eyebrow raised.
 #35528  by Jaime Reyes

Jaime continued to tilt his head as she spoke, however he eventually switched from tilted as far as his neck would allow to head straight with eyes wide open. "Would you actually?!" He moved toward the edge of his seat in excitement. "Like, actually, Wusha, you'd be my aide?"
 #35532  by Lucia Flores Medina

She walked right over to him and perched on the seat arm next to him, her legs daintily crossed. With her smirk still firmly planted on her face, Lucia leaned over and booped his nose.

"If you want me to be!" she chirped, beaming. "Although you'd have to pay me. "I'll accept room and board, though. Not having to pay for rent or any utilities."
 #35538  by Jaime Reyes

Jaime grinned ear to ear. "Of course I want you to! And I'll even provide you with clean linen once a week. I don't buy tea though, you'll have to buy your own or drink Z's." He bounced a couple of times in excitement. "Oh. And I'm not cutting back on my popcorn addiction. It's my comfort food."
 #35544  by Lucia Flores Medina

Lucia squirmed with excitement, slipping down next to him and wrapping her arms around his neck. "It'll be great! I'll have a job so my parents won't look down on me being in America all the time, and your parents trust me... I don't know why, but they trust me," she said in a singsong voice. "I'll buy all the tea and I'll even cook for you and Zeke," she promised, beaming.

"It'll be the best thing ever. The three of us, living together... you'll need to make an official request to Witchy Watchers, though, and I'll have to jump on it right away. There's a lot of people looking to work in America."
 #35579  by Jaime Reyes

Jaime leaned into her, slinging an arm around her. "My parents trust you because you're less dumb than me, probably. I haven't figured it out yet myself. We have to tell them too, though." He gave another small bounce.

He then jumped up from his chair and turned to face her. "So. To do list. Tell my parents this is happening. Go to Witchy Watchers together and do the thing. Tell your parents this is happening. Probably kidnap Zeke again."
 #35585  by Lucia Flores Medina

Lucia nodded along as Jaime listed off their to do list. "Yep, yep, yep, and yep. Maybe we time it so the big move corresponds with our birthdays!"

Her brain was already working overtime, making plans and thinking about them. "This is going to be the best! And it'll fix everything! And we'll be ROOMMATES!" She rose to her feet, grabbing Jaime's hands and bouncing with him.
 #36036  by Jaime Reyes

Jaime allowed himself to be pulled up, giving a couple small bounces. "I'm not sure America is ready for both of us to live there yet, but they're going to have to be!" His cheeks were beginning to hurt from smiling so widely. Suddenly, a realization hit him, causing him to stop mid-mini bounce.

"No snoring. My walls are thin."
 #36041  by Lucia Flores Medina

Lucia booped him on the nose. "I don't snore, you snore," she said, giving him a mock glare before twirling away. "I'm going to contact my boss and get us started, and you should probably get some more rest... and decide what we're gonna say to your parents," she said, picking up a piece of parchment and a quill.