A Magical Roleplaying Experience 

Welcome Back! It's time for our 20th Start of Term!

#35254  by Michelle La Fratta

Michelle relaxed in her seat and crossed her legs. She laughed at Ginny's assessment of Astrid.

"I'd say within the last few years, yes," she said. "Astrid makes her presence known when she's talking to you and even when she's not." Michelle gestured to the room around them. "Even if she wasn't here tonight, you'd feel her in these walls down to the last minute detail in the decor. She has that aura about her."
 #35293  by Ginny Weasley

"I can see that," Ginny said, her eyes moving about the room. It was absolutely lavish, to be sure, but upon Michelle's comment Ginny noticed it did have a certain personal style to it. She watched the people rove about: important witches, wealthy wizards, in their designer gowns and fine robes.

"You both seem so at home here," Ginny found herself saying. "I've been flying for the Harpies and - well, married to my husband of all people - long enough to be used to these sorts of things, but I don't think I'll ever be so effortless, the way you seem to be."

Perhaps she wouldn't have been so earnest if this hadn't been her - how many now? - glass of red wine, but at the same time, Ginny was never one to blush for embarrassment anyway, no matter the circumstance.
 #35668  by Catherine Everly

Catherine approached the ladies' table with a sparkling champagne bottle raised above her head. The spectacle caught the attention of a few other patrons before she lowered the bottle once she arrived.

"Your champagne, Mrs. Potter, Miss La Fratta," she said. With a quick pop, the overflow spilled onto the floor but evaporated just as quickly as it spilled. She then poured two glasses of champagne for the women. Catherine re-corked the bottle before disappearing in the crowd again.
 #35669  by Michelle La Fratta

Michelle was impressed by the spectacle of the bottle service. She picked up both glasses and offered one to Ginny.

"First rule is to be someone else," she said. "I was born in Manchester and didn't grow up in any of this." Michelle gestured to the excess around them.

"But to survive, you have to learn how to act just like these... people act. It's not pretty, but it's necessary."
 #35928  by Ginny Weasley

"Thank you," Ginny said, slightly in awe of the beautiful woman and the lavish show, but the girl vanished even quicker than the bubbles. Ginny accepted a glass from Michelle, clinking it against her new compatriot's.

"Be someone else," Ginny tasted out the words on her tongue. It was good advice.

"Manchester, huh? I would have guessed One Hyde Park. You're a natural," she said earnestly to Michelle, with the ghost of a grin. "How do you do it?"
 #36001  by Michelle La Fratta

Michelle chuckled at Ginny's comment. She then thought about an answer to her question. How did she do it? Michelle was never without while growing up. Her parents were comfortably middle class and she was happy with her life. Where had she gotten this need for more and to pretend.

"You pick up things from certain people," she settled on saying. There was no need to go through an existential crisis with a woman she had just met, let alone a player for the Holyhead Harpies.

"Watch the way people talk, their mannerisms." Michelle gestured to the other woman with her glass before taking another sip. "Just don't lose yourself, okay? That's the worst thing you can do."