A Magical Roleplaying Experience 

Welcome Back! It's time for our 20th Start of Term!

#39485  by Leo Toscano

Leo's brown furrowed. "Why? I thought you liked each other?" He didn't much understand the ways of the heart, but he'd be lying to himself if he said he hadn't seen in a difference in his mother... before all of this had happened.

The younger Toscano boy didn't want to seem too excited about the coffee so he didn't ask, but he did look hopefully towards her. He wondered how long it would take before the potion took effect.
 #39522  by Leo Toscano

"It's absurd if you ask me," Leo replied, shaking his head. "The other kids tease me for collecting insects but that doesn't mean I stop doing it, because I like it." He shrugged. "I don't understand why you wouldn't feel the same way about Emily - or about dad," he reminded her. He'd thought the same thing when they had discussed this the first time round, and he was even more confused now. Why did adults always make everything so much more complicated?

Leo fell quiet as he watched his mother, his head cocking to the side as he considered her. She didn't seem to have any noticeable side effects just yet. How long would it take to kick in?
 #39565  by Emerson Toscano

She gave Leo's cheek a loving pinch. He was definitely the more gentle of her two boys. "You are right, my sweet boy," she said with a gentle smile.

A sense of peace seemed to take over her. Had her son's wisdom suddenly helped her make peace with her decision? She frowned. This felt wrong. She loved Emily and the thought of never seeing her again should be excruciating. Why did she feel so... Hopeful?
 #39572  by Leo Toscano

As his mother brushed his cheek, Leo grinned. Alessio had noticed the change in her too and he gave him a small smirk back. He was pretty proud of his own accomplishment.

"Do you feel like... doing anything in particular?" he asked his mother cautiously, aware that as they were discussing Emily, she might feel the need to go and see her and do something daring. Leo wanted to change the topic of conversation to give her other ideas, just in case the potion's effects were... extreme.

"What about a day out, just the three of us?" he suggested. Although being out in public might not be the best idea. "Or we could make cakes!" He could really go for a double chocolate fudge cake.
 #39584  by Emerson Toscano

Leo felt like being in public? She looked at Alessio to see if he felt the same. Sensing no discomfort from his brother's suggestion she nodded. "We could go for a hike and a picnic or perhaps rent some kayaks." Those were two very physical activities for a woman who enjoyed a walk on the beach but otherwise preferred to stay inside, but right now she felt like she could climb atop a mountain.
 #39617  by Leo Toscano

Leo scrambled out of the room, practically pushing his brother over in his haste to get to his room and grab his things. A few moments later, he'd packed his things and ran, out of breath, to the front door. He was too slow though, having already been beaten by his older brother. Not that he was surprised.

Excited to see his mother happy for the first time in days, he was bouncing on the balls of his feet, raring to go. For the briefest of moments, he had forgotten his worries. No doubt he'd come crashing back pretty quickly.