A Magical Roleplaying Experience 

Welcome Back! It's time for our 20th Start of Term!

#39464  by Pascale Sage

The brunette headed straight into the Estate Agent's office with confidence, requesting to be seen by one Emerson Toscano. A short lad pointed her in the right direction. Pascale flashed him a smile, but the rage inside of her was beginning to well up, threatening to overflow.

As she reached the other woman's office, her hand was on her wand, her smile replaced with an expression of anger. She knocked politely on the door, but then entered without waiting for a reply. "Toscano," she greeted coldly. "I hope you've been expecting me."
 #39466  by Emerson Toscano

Forehead resting against her palms and glasses slowly slipping down her nose, Emerson's 5 minutes of peace was quickly turning into a 10 minutes powernap. Head snapping up as soon as she heard a knock on the door she quickly wiped the dribble from the corner of her mouth and pushed her glasses up her nose.

She blindly picked a paper from her desk and pretended to be engrossed by it. Her attempt at deception crumpled as soon as she realized who had walked into her office. "Oh great," she groaned as she stood from her desk and flicked her wand so the door would close behind her guest. "Please," she gestured towards the chairs in front of her desk. "Take a seat."
 #39472  by Pascale Sage

Dobby has come to protect Harry Potter, to warn him...

This thread contains posts or themes involving swearing that may be uncomfortable for some players or that may not be appropriate for all ages. If you would like to know more before reading, please PM the player who started the thread. If you feel that this thread's content exceeds what is appropriate or is otherwise offensive, please report it.

Pascale didn't bother to take the seat. She wasn't here to sit pretty and quietly explain how the woman before her had broken her sister's heart. "I warned you what would happen, Toscano."

She was pacing, but she was trying to keep her voice down - at least a little. "You sat in my sister's house and told me she deserves the best. What the fuck, Emerson?" Her hand twitched towards her wand once more but she restrained herself from pulling the wand. Yet.
 #39478  by Emerson Toscano

Emerson sat heavily into her chair. She reached for the bottom drawer and pulled out a decanter of liquor. She filled a glass for herself and placed a second glass close to her guest. Pascale could fill it if she felt like it.

Head resting against the back of her chair she looked at the ceiling. "What do you want me to tell you, Pascale? She deserves the best. I'm far from being able to offer her that," she took a long sip of the liquor she usually drank when celebrating successful projects.
 #39484  by Pascale Sage

Pascale eyed the drink Emerson poured for herself with disdain. She did not take the second glass.

"Does she deserve the best? Or does she deserve to be heartbroken?" Pascale snapped back. "Which is it, Emerson? You claim it is one and do the other!" She threw her hands in the air in frustration. "When I found out about Sebastien, I burned my bridesmaid's dress. I didn't want anything to do with him anymore." She massaged her forehead with her fingers. "The man was like an uncle to me. I adored him. Yet I was able to cut him off the second he had wronged my sister. But you?"

Pascale had wanted to tell Emily that Emerson didn't deserve her, but this was different. Emily had known for a long time about her husband's infidelity; it had not come as that much of a shock. The break-up with Emerson? Emily was beside herself. She didn't say it and she smiled through it, but she was a shadow of herself. Emerson had been there to help build her back up, unlearn the feelings about herself that had grown throughout her time with Sebastien. Now she was gone, and she didn't know what to do. Yet again, she had been abandoned.

And Pascale had nothing left to tell her. She could say, over and over again, that she was worth more than these people, but Emily was never going to believe her.

"I just want my sister to be happy. For whatever reason, you made her happy."
 #39491  by Emerson Toscano

She pinched the bridge of her nose and winced through Pascale's lecture. "Oh, would you shut up?" She eventually snapped.

Emerson sighed and threw her glasses on her desk. "What do you want Pascale? You want to lecture me? Or kick my ass? Both? Go at it, but please be swift because my patience is limited these days!" While Pascale seemed to have attempted to keep her voice low, Emerson did not.
 #39520  by Pascale Sage

Pascale shrunk back at Emerson's tone of voice and sighed. What exactly was it that she was here to do? She had come here to hex Emerson into oblivion, but now face to face with her, all she could remember was the way Emily had smiled when she looked at the brunette. She hadn't seen her sister smile like that for the majority of the marriage.

"I'm here to tell you to pull yourself together," she replied eventually. "You don't deserve Emily, but she deserves you."
 #39524  by Emerson Toscano

Emerson opened her mouth to rebuke Pascale's appraisal with a cruel retort, but a long shaky sigh escaped her instead. Somehow she knew exactly what Pascale meant and it did not sit well with her. Knuckles pressed against her sternum she attempted to soothe the uncomfortable burning sensation licking against her chest.

"I'm sure it's hard for now, but she's strong she'll..." The rest of her sentence caught in her throat. "I'm sorry," she whispered as tears filled her eyes. "I can't fix this."
 #39571  by Pascale Sage

"What can't you fix?" Pascale screamed, suddenly frustrated. She didn't know how to deal with other people's tears, particularly those of someone older than her. Even Emily's had made her feel greatly uncomfortable, but she'd had no choice but to sit and listen to her woes. What she didn't have to do was sit here and listen to Emerson feel sorry for herself.

"If you want to be sad and alone for the rest of your life, so be it," she sighed, throwing her hands in the air. "Just stay away from my sister then. You'll only confuse her and she's had enough upset for a lifetime."
 #39619  by Pascale Sage

Pascale shrugged. She knew what Emily wanted to tell her, but that didn't mean it was the full truth. Emily tended to share more with Anna than she did her. So if Emerson was a constant source of complications for her, Pascale didn't know it.

The brunette shrugged. She didn't know either. She kind of still wanted to hex Emerson. "Would that make you feel better?" she asked curiously. Maybe Emerson felt like she deserved it - which just made the whole situation even sadder, really.
 #39630  by Pascale Sage

Pascale shrugged. "I might've mentioned that I'd hex you if I ever laid eyes on you again," she admitted, "but I doubt my sister suspects I'd actively seek you out." Pascale searched Emerson's face; did the other woman want Emily to know that she was here? Pascale wasn't sure either way, and she also didn't know if it was weird or sadistic if she did want for Emily to know.