Stories taking place in England, Wales, Scotland, Northern Ireland, and the Republic of Ireland.
Forum rules: When starting your thread, please put a location [Tag] at the beginning of it, such as [Scotland] or [Wales]. Use broad locations if possible, though more detailed descriptions are welcome for specific locations such as schools. Once your thread is complete, be sure to mark and report it as complete to be archived.

[England] Nimbus Extravaganza

Artemis Browning, Broom Racers Circuit

Magical ★ Racer

Artemis hovered above the floor on her broom, bent over low as if she was racing while the cameras flashed around her. It was a show put on for the media to demonstrate the newest line of Nimbus brooms. Suddenly, without warning, she swung her weight, rolling around in place, a complete 360. When she righted herself amid cheers and applause, she couldn't help but notice the broom was wobbling just a bit.

It was only one of the things she had started noticing about different broom brands as she had started her research. She was still a long way off from having Huntress Brooms become a reality, but while continuing her public appearances for other brands, she was slyly trying to see what actually went into a proper broom.

Finally, her turn in front of the camera was done and she vaulted off the broom, landing with a grin as she handed it off to the next brand ambassador. "Try and top that," she said, smirking.

Played By: TyrellRose

Re: [England] Nimbus Extravaganza

Reese Killigrew, Broom Racers Circuit

Magical ★ Racer
Reese had been racing brooms for a number of years now, and even though her name was not unknown in the circuits anymore, and she occasionally did feature in a Quidditch magazine or on a radio show, she still wasn't entirely convinced that she was a natural in front of the cameras. Reese had always been too blunt, too honest, accused of being rude sometimes. She definitely didn't seem to have that natural fake charm that seemed to work for the press.

Yet, here she was, being photographed to advertise the new line of Nimbus brooms.

"Nice. Very unexpected, extremely agile, I'm sure everyone who buys one will expect to be able to do that immediately," Reese joked, taking the broom from Artemis Browning, and she stood waiting as the cameras weren't quite ready for her yet.

Played By: Susan

Magical ★ Racer
Artemis raised her eyebrows cheekily, giving a little wiggle of her shoulders. "I'm showing them what they can accomplish with some practice," she chirped, running her fingers through her hair to fix it after her acrobatic show. She had built her personal brand on theatrics in front of the camera, so this was natural for her.

"It had a bit of a wobble to it, though," she commented, leaning in close to Reese, turning her head so the cameras couldn't pick up what she was whispering. "I find a lot of the commercial brooms do."

Magical ★ Racer
"Sometimes," Reese nodded, lowering her voice as well. "I always find that they do wear out extremely quickly, but then we use them so much more than the average recreational user would," she said.

Also, burning through a broom every few months wasn't such a big deal when companies gifted you them for free.

Magical ★ Racer
Artemis nodded, looking around the room. "That's a fair point. The brooms could be more durable, though, especially for athletes," she mused, shrugging.

"Almost makes you want to make your own." In the middle of her sentence, she paused and flashed a smile as a photographer snapped a shot of the two athletes standing together. "I wouldn't know where to start, though."

Magical ★ Racer
"Have you thought about doing that before?" Reese asked, as it sometimes didn't seem like the worst idea in the world. After all, sometimes the athletes were frustrated that they couldn't find brooms that met their exact, specific needs. Who could be better at designing the perfect broom, than the athletes themselves?

"With all the time we spend on brooms, surely it can't be that hard to start somewhere," Reese thought about it. "Are there books on it?"

Reading was never really one of her favourite passtimes when she was a student.

Magical ★ Racer
Artemis shrugged a shoulder, even as she was internally squealing over the fact that she wasn't the only athlete with the thought. "I haven't come across any books yet," she admitted, letting out a small sigh. "But why do you think I flew all the way here for this photoshoot?" She winked.