A Magical Roleplaying Experience 

"These are dark times, there is no denying..."
Scrimgeour said it first, but we're feeling it in the real world and we know you are too!

Click here to view our announcement on resources for isolating together!
 #36193  by Zara Bennett

"Mm, sure," Zara scoffed again, crossing her arms. "Usually people book classrooms for studying. And I figured a private and quiet place would be good to study for a quiz I--." She caught herself mid-sentence. She was not going to give the other girl the satisfaction of future torture material. "A quiz my professor decided to spring on us."
 #36201  by Quinn Torres

Quinn's head tilted as the Ravenclaw corrected herself. Quickly, she made a mental note to investigate later. For now, though, she scoffed. "Right, whatever," she said, crossing the floor to the nearest window and lifting up onto her tiptoes to peer outside. After a moment, she turned back.

"Why would you need to study, anyway? Aren't you like, crazy smart?" she asked, her tone mocking.
 #36274  by Zara Bennett

Zara rolled her eyes again, throwing her head back. “Even smart people need to study and review. No one knows everything, obviously.”

She then pushed herself off the desk she was leaning against and began walking over to the blackboard. She needed to figure out a way to get rid of the hijinx so that she wouldn’t get the blame. Once she reached the board, she turned to face the other girl.

“Did you seriously not have anything better to do?”
 #36278  by Quinn Torres

She shrugged her shoulders dismissively. "Nah. Honestly, I heard you were gonna be here and came to mess with you. Guess Peeves got us both, though," Quinn admitted, glancing over at the blackboard. "You know he does that all the time. No one's gonna even think it was you. Perfect Zara and all that." It was punctuated with an eyeroll and a scoff.
 #36375  by Zara Bennett

"Of course you did," Zara muttered, looking at the board and then back to the other girl. As much as she hated to admit it, she was right. About the Peeves part. "Not that it matters right now, but I'm not perfect." She leaned against the desk at the front of the room. "But want to use your plotting brain to get us out of here?"
 #36378  by Quinn Torres

Quinn stopped in the middle of another eyeroll, turning and peering at the other girl curiously. Was she saying that Quinn was their best shot of getting out? A small part of her mind preened and thought that of course she was the best shot, but there was also the shock that Zara had even brought it up.

"Sure," she said finally, crossing her arms in front of her. "I guess we could always charm the suits ourselves. You're not much taller than me, so we shouldn't need too much room." She walked over to the suits of armour blocking the door. "Mhm, yeah," she murmured, sticking her arm through an opening. "Yeah, we just need to move this one a bit up. Then we should both be able to climb through." She glanced back at Zara. "How's your charmwork?"
 #36612  by Zara Bennett

Zara watched as Quinn investigated the suits of armour. She then hesitated as she was asked about her charmwork. “I should be able to do that, yeah.” If she focused hard enough, she figured it wouldn’t be too hard. She had been practising that charm just before the holidays.

She walked over to the suits and the other girl, taking out her wand. Closing her eyes, she took a deep breath. Then, she opened her eyes and cast the charm, praying that the suits didn’t blow up.
 #36615  by Quinn Torres

Quinn stepped back as Zara cast the charm, and when the suit of armour moved just right, she clapped her hands. "Yes!" she exclaimed, turning to the other girl and beaming. "You did it!"

Quickly, she remembered she hated Zara's guts. She sobered quickly. "Well, then. I guess..." she walked towards the now-larger opening and climbed through. "There we go. I'll even stay here until you get out. Then we can like, go our separate ways and forget this ever happened or something."
 #36633  by Zara Bennett

Zara gave a small jump for joy when the charm worked, her face beaming. She had actually done it! As she turned to celebrate with the other girl, she remembered who she was with and her face dropped.

“Yeah...” she climbed out after Quinn, folding her arms across her chest once she out. “Well... Bye then.” With that, she turned on her heel and walked off. As she rounded the corner however, she glanced back at the Gryffindor. She would never admit it, but she was thankful the other girl was good at scheming.