A Magical Roleplaying Experience 

"These are dark times, there is no denying..."
Scrimgeour said it first, but we're feeling it in the real world and we know you are too!

Click here to view our announcement on resources for isolating together!
Guests Welcome! • Have a question or need assistance? Post here, and a member of the Vault 713 staff team will assist you.
 #17205  by Mikayla Silverwing

So, I'm plotting with some people and there was an idea of making Mikayla a werewolf in Legacy era as she will be the mate to a werewolf not long after Reformation. However, it's still in the air right now and I really want her to get sorted soon so I can post with everyone. My question is if the idea was finalized that she will be turned by Legacy, but we can't RP it out atm and she's already sorted, is it possible to say that she is a werewolf in Legacy without having the tag (since this is still in the air about her becoming one) or do I have to say that she is a witch until the turning thread is completed and everything?

I hope this makes sense >.< Thanks!
Last edited by Mikayla Silverwing on 16 Sep 2018, 21:36, edited 1 time in total.
 #17213  by Vyreia

Hi Stella!

I've just sorted Mikayla for you as I don't want you to have to wait too much longer to get posting. At the moment, characters can't be turned into werewolves of vampires in the fixed timelines, but if you decide you want this to happen, you can play this out in the sandbox until we can get everything confirmed and tagged up.

In future, if you are certain you want a character to be a different being in a future era, I suggest writing the sheet for that era. E.g. if the werewolf plot was decided for Mikayla, you would make legacy her primary era and write her as a werewolf there, and then state that she was only turned recently so she could still be a witch in other eras.

Hopefully this helped!

-Vaultkeeper Vyreia :)
 #17270  by Stella

Okay! So, if I did decide to turn Mikayla, I could play it out in the sandbox. Understood. However, whenever the admins decide to bring that back, would my sandbox thread count in terms of possible requirements needed to make that change? Or does it have to be played out in the actual era forum?

In the future, I will definitely do that! This is mostly for Mikayla specifically because I had already made the sheet, but then when the plot idea was brought up, I had already posted her and didn't really want to wait to have her sorted while I tried to figure out what I wanted to do for her in regards to that.

Also, just to make sure I don't get this confused, this means that if I do decide to go through with having her turned, at this point I will not be able to say that she is a werewolf in Legacy because she, one, won't have the tag and, two, there is no way for me to get that tag since she is already sorted. Do I have this correct?
 #17272  by *Admin Sprinkles

Stella wrote: 14 Sep 2018, 19:58However, whenever the admins decide to bring that back, would my sandbox thread count in terms of possible requirements needed to make that change? Or does it have to be played out in the actual era forum?
Hi Stella,

Unfortunately, you would need to play this out in the actual era forum, as each special ability has its own unique requirements, and also because the sandboxes exist completely separate from the Fixed Timelines; though you are welcome to play out Fixed Timeline things in the sandbox, it's also the place to play out literally anything Harry Potter related your heart desires, so things there do not "count" towards things like special abilities unless otherwise stated.
Also, just to make sure I don't get this confused, this means that if I do decide to go through with having her turned, at this point I will not be able to say that she is a werewolf in Legacy because she, one, won't have the tag and, two, there is no way for me to get that tag since she is already sorted. Do I have this correct?
Once we reopen special abilities, you will be able to have her be a werewolf in Legacy Era, never fear. This is just simply not an option at the current time, though it will be in the very near future once we get all our new staff members properly trained and get through the Start of Term bugs. :) @Vyreia simply suggested the path that she did because it is the easiest and most direct way to have your character be what you want them to be in a particular era.

Hope that helps!