A Magical Roleplaying Experience 

Profiles of characters with first names that start with W - Z.
 #36817  by Zhao Cong

Shiro Takayama
“You never know what you have until you’ve lost it and my friend...if I can call you that, what you’ve lost is not something to concern yourself with. You sleep in the bed you make with honor and respect for what you have left, while trying to make something better of it. I’m a vampire, I can’t change that...but that doesn’t mean I have to follow a man who can’t respect the honor codes of our ancestors.”
- Zhao Cong, When asked why he was helping Yoru..
    CURRENT AGE: past the 600 years of age.
    BIRTHDATE: Sometime in spring 1368
    BIRTHPLACE:Nanking,China
    CHILDHOOD HOME: Nanking,China - magical imperial court
    CURRENT RESIDENCE: Hokkaido,Japan
    RACE:Chinese
    BLOOD STATUS:Prueblood until turned in 1389 by Jiang Nian
    ETHNICITY: Asian
    NATIONALITY: Chinese
    HEALTH STATUS:
    -Drinks/smokes in moderation.
    FINANCIAL STATUS:Rich, by very illegal methods
    MARITAL STATUS: Single
    His loyalty is with those who follow a moral code and fight for a reason. His loyalty is with those who keep the innocent out of it, leaving the monsters to battle with one another in peace. Most importantly, his loyalty is to his young lord and the Yakuza, the only ones trying to take out the biggest monster of all in his mind.
    PRIORITIES:
    Taking Jiang out of the world once and for all.
    LIFE PHILOSOPHY: “I am not a good man, I am far from a good person. The one limit I do have - as soon all men with respect is keeping the general public out of their tussles.”
    ROMANCE PHILOSOPHY: "A lifetime with one person isn’t very fulfilling, One gets bored after a bit."
    EDUCATION: Personal tutors before official schools were made.
    EXTRACURRICULAR QUALIFICATIONS:swordsmanship, sharpshooter, sniper.
    N.E.W.T.S QUALIFICATIONS: He was before schools were created, but given his skill with magic growing up he would have probably failed all of them.
    PETS: None.
    PATRONUS: None.
    BOGGART: He really has no fear, having lived through all of them in his 600 almost 700 year lifespan.
    MIRROR OF ERISED:His human self back, and his grave behind him. A sign he can die a natural death.

What do you want to see?
目に見えるモノ?

R E L A T I O N S H I P S

• MOTHER:Zhao Chu hua ,DECEASED; Chinese Pureblood - Housewife
    FATHER:Zhao li-Wie, DECEASED;Chinese Pureblood - Assistant to Nanking Emperor 1340-1393
    SISTER:Zhao Dongmei , DECEASED; Chinese Pureblood - Child
    SISTER: Zhao Meifeng, DECEASED; Chinese pureblood - Child

• Short for 2003, but tall if you count the natural height of a Chinese male in the 1600’s Zhao has long black hair and nearly black eyes. His skin is described as being touched by the moon, pale and slowing with a beauty most haven’t seen in this world thanks to his vampire state. He focuses on classy dress, suits and dress shirts made of silk. Black, Royal blue and Royal purple are the colors he tends to go to. When he’s in bedding attire, he tends to go traditional wearing a Chinese style robe usually designed in some Chinese pattern. His nails are usually done to perfection - as they should be for a respectable male and his shoes are usually italian leather, those rivaling his masters.

One defect, at least in his mind is the scar down his chest, a scar given to him during a beating from the fellow men in court when he mouthed off as a child.

• Silent and focused, Zhao is seen as a man with a goal...and no room for idle small talk unless the occasion counts for it. He’s a respectable man, with a great taste for a party or two and will never turn down a chance to dance at a ball with fellow nobles of the current era. He’s a man of class demanding the best but not so dainty as those who claim the same habit for the finer things.

When not in a social situation which calls for gentle noble habits, he is quite the focused killer using his vampire and muggle abilities with a gun to take out his enemies with no remorse. He’s a realist, not seeing good or evil just the problems both sides can cause and when given an order he makes sure the deed is done with no problems nor witnesses. Many say his loyalty will get him killed one day, he usually replies that he’d like to see them try showing that his years on his earth have made him a bit cocky.

Strong and dependable, Zhao being a man of honor is someone who keeps his promises and defends those who he is loyal to with his life. He’s a good talker, mixing in with the higher class of society with no problem no matter what culture- something rare for a triad member turned Yakuza.
    WEAKNESSES:
    Prone to violence and ruthlessness Zhao had proven to have no respect for human life if he’s been ordered to kil a target and or they have angered him. He’s far from forgiving, never giving the person a second look once they have lost his respect. In this sense one can say he’s a bit snobbish, usually cutting people out of his life with no problem.
    TALENTS: Revenge, Marital arts, strategy, swordplay.
    INTERESTS: Work, Revenge,His young lord, Drinking, smoking.
    PROFICIENT LANGUAGES: Japanese, English, Korean, Chinese, Russian and french.
    FAVOURITE MOVIES: Born before the era of movies and being pureblooded he’s never sat down to a movie - and see’s no reason to do it now.
    FAVOURITE BOOKS:Classical Chinese poetry, myths and legends.
    FAVOURITE COLOURS:Black, royal blue, royal purple, grey.
    FAVOURITE FOODS: The blood of women with child, not directly taken from obviously.
    FAVOURITE DRINKS: Scotch, fine wine, water….blood.
    FAVOURITE ICE-CREAM FLAVOUR: None.
    NOTABLE POSSESSIONS: His gun - given to him by his young lord when he joined the Yakuza.
    HAPPIEST MEMORY: Getting out of the Triad with his life intact, only took him nearly 700 years.
    WORST MEMORY: Finding out his father, mother and sisters had died during a raid attack in Nanking, the attack coming from another Chinese province.They were the first and last human’s of his own blood to accept him even after he as turned - his great nieces and nephews having turned their back on him.
    GREATEST REGRETS:
    -Accepting Jiang Nian’s bite.
    GREATEST ACCOMPLISHMENT:
    -Getting out of the Triad
    -Mastering the sword
    -Starting his journey in helping the Yakuza take Jiang out
    -Meeting Shiro’s daughter for the first time with Shiro’s permission included

• Born in Nanking, China Zhao was not of royal blood to the magical royal family but his father being an advisor to the emperor did make him and his family nobles of their province in China. He was raised by nanny’s with his sisters, never having to lift a finger unless it was studies or his swordsmanship he proved quite the poor magic caster to the family, his skills being more in the muggle area of swordsmanship. As the life of a noble gets boring though, he found himself restless and by the time he was 21 he had already told his father he would not accept the title that would be passed down to him in his fathers death.

While this greatly upset his father, and words were said he was not disowned - something of a miracle for his time. Forever the relationship between father and son was strained however and the boredom never ceasing he was turned by Jiang - a man he had met during a walk on the countryside not long after, thus his relationship with his father - and the chance of him changing his mind about the title was null and void. He was tossed from court, but not from his family’s hearts. Letters were sent and responses were always sent back, the family always in the dark about his criminal lifestyle. That was until the attack of nanking, the attackers being from a sister province of China. His family was killed and the letters stopped...with his letters stopping his anger for humanity grew.

His relationship with Jiang before this point had been almost like a love struck girl with a crush, him seeing Jiang as his almighty god and father. After the death of his family it turned to respect for the job he was given as second in command and the young man becoming much more focused - and ruthless with his enemies. The attackers of Nanking had been first, the hits of Jiang next to feel his wrath.

Over the years, Jiang and their group became more focused joining others of the Chinese underground to form sectors. Some had nicknames, others simply used one term: “Triad.” Jiang went with white monkey’s, the group usually using sniper attacks from trees giving them their strange name. Jiang got more ruthless, territories were fought over and greed slowly took over leaving Zhao to respect his master less and less. By 1996, Zhao was ready to turn his back on his sire and the sire bond was already broken. He was staying out of loyalty and fear that should he leave his life be taken.

In 2002, Yoru Nakamura and him had already been talking, making plans and teaming up behind Jiang’s back, Jiang having lost his respect and loyalty years before. He made a deal with Yoru: I get the word out your alive, you let me join your ranks. Yoru had another idea, being twisted even before his turning he added to Zhao’s part of the deal. “How about this, I let you join our ranks as my son’s butler and bodyguard and you get a chance to take out Jiang personally.” While it had been a very hard pill to swallow, Zhao took it and a year after Yoru had been rescued he made his way to join their ranks. Currently he’s gaining the trust of Shiro Takayama and the rest of the Yakuza while assisting them in their goal to kill his former boss.

C R E D I T S

• Profile template is by Ever, inspired by Mel and Ant, of Vault 713.
    Sub-headers are lyrics excerpted from Lier by One Ok Rock.
Lyric translation:
[ View OOC Note ]