A Magical Roleplaying Experience 

Welcome Back! It's time for our 20th Start of Term!

Start Here • Post your completed character sheet to be sorted, browse wanted characters posted by other players, and more.
Forum rules: 
Post titles should include character type (Original, Main Canon, or Supporting Canon) and character name.

Character sheets posted by 5:00 PM CST Monday through Friday will be sorted the same day.
Those posted after 5:00 PM CST may be held for the next day. Sheets posted on weekends may be sorted the following Monday due to staff availability.
New players may be sorted outside of these times if staff members are available to do so.
 #39561  by Averian Gillen

My Name or Nickname: Amanda
OOC Account Name: Mandy
Preferred Pronouns: She, her
Discord Username: Manda #1217
How I found Vault 713: Through Google
My Previous Roleplaying Experience: 15+ years of roleplaying on various sites
My Favorite Harry Potter Character: Severus Snape
Did you read the Character Creation Guide before posting? Yes
My Name or Nickname:
OOC Account:
Quills Account(s): [instructions]The account(s) you wish for your 25 quills to come from. Please specify how many should come from each account. If this is your free season character, you can put 'free season character' in this spot instead.[/instructions]
Have you read through the Character Creation Guide at least once this season?
NAME: Averian Theodora Gillen
CHARACTER TYPE: Witch
DATE OF BIRTH: July 18,1961
BIRTH COUNTRY: England
CURRENT RESIDENCE: London
EMPLOYER: Ministry of Magic
POSITION: Office of Misinformation

COUNTRY FLAG: Union Jack
PRIMARY ERA: Marauders Era

What is the concept for your character?
Averian Gillen is a recent Hogwarts graduate who just landed an intern position in the Office of Misinformation at the Ministry of Magic. At this point in time, she is neutral when it comes to choosing sides in the first Wizarding War; however, as time goes on, she'll be forced to stop sitting on the fence and join one side or the other even though she'd rather not.
What other eras will they be active in and what will their job be in each era?
None

What was life like for your character one year before their primary era?
Averian was in her 7th year of Hogwarts, dealing with all of the ups and downs that come with school, but mainly focusing on getting grades good enough to land a job in the Ministry.
Who is someone from your characters past who influenced who they are today?
Her ex-boyfriend Toby had a lot to do with the way Averian is today. Having met in their 5th year at Hogwarts, all was well until literally just before they took their N.E.W.T.s in seventh year. Averian caught Toby making out with a sixth year girl outside of the exam hall, and while she managed to get through the tests without completely breaking down, it was a different story after it was over. Toby and Averian had a very nasty row out in the main yard of the school (which landed both in detention and lost their house several points), and to this day she has not felt the same way about love. This is why she envies her brother so much--she can't stand the fact that he has a happy married life and she has nothing to show for her own love life.
What does your character think their strongest and weakest traits are?
Her strongest traits are persistence, focus, and adaptability; her weakest traits are jealousy, tendency to complain, and impatience.
What is something your character wants but does not have?
Averian wants what her brother Damien has right now--success, a spouse and family, and respect from her peers.
What is something your character would never tell anyone about themselves?
She has always harbored a secret jealousy toward Damien, her brother, but somehow manages to keep it under wraps by adopting a carefree attitude toward life.
What is their strongest childhood memory?
ANSWER HERE
Last edited by Averian Gillen on 07 Aug 2020, 12:34, edited 3 times in total.
 #39567  by TyrellRose

Hey there Mandy! Welcome to Vault! We're so glad you've decided to join us here :)

Averian (love the name) is looking awesome! There's just a couple of things we were hoping you could clear up for us before we can finish sorting her.

First of all, what position does Averian hold within the Office for the Removal of Curses, Jinxes, and Hexes? This is so we can give her the proper tags.

Secondly, as Averian was born in 1961, she cannot be a student at Hogwarts in the Golden era as that takes place in 1997 currently. Perhaps she has moved on up in the Ministry by that time? Or maybe she moved to a new department or a new job altogether? Feel free to check out our Business Directory for options!

Once those two things are cleared up, we can get you sorted and ready to play! Post a reply in this topic when you've made your edits and I or another Vaultkeeper will finish the sorting process!

-Vaultkeeper TyrellRose
 #39576  by Peyton

Hi Mandy! I think being so recently graduated that Averian would be a great fit for an intern in the Department of Misinformation.

Let us know what you think, or when you've made any changes!

-Vaultkeeper Peyton
 #39578  by Peyton

Welcome to the Wizarding World,
@AVERIANGILLEN !
I'm really excited to see what Averian gets up to, welcome to Vault!

Averian seems like a go-getter. You might like to begin your story in In a magical circle, a fairy ring which takes place in Diagon Alley, or by using one of the following thread ideas:

★ Averian wants what her brother has, but is she jealous enough to try and ruin it for him?
★There is a speed dating event at a local tavern. Will Averian sign up?

Before you jump in...
Be sure to visit the Connection Classifieds forum to introduce your new character to find plots and partners!
Don't forget to brush up on our Board Rules & Guidelines
Feel free to stop by the Character Profile Directory to post a detailed profile for your character, or to re-post your character sheet