A Magical Roleplaying Experience 

Stories taking place in countries such as China, North Korea, India, and Indonesia as well as Australia and New Zealand.
Forum rules: When starting your thread, please put a location [Tag] at the beginning of it, such as [India] or [Japan]. Use broad locations if possible, though more detailed descriptions are welcome for specific locations such as schools. Once your thread is complete, be sure to mark and report it as complete to be archived.
 #34527  by Dino O'Sullivan

Time of Day: Around 8:20 • Weather: Yet another stunning day

The sun was shining brightly, as it did absolutely every gorgeous day here in Fiji. There was a light breeze shaking the palm tree fronds, and the water lapped the sand on its way up the beach as the tide steadily rose. A few gulls lamented in the distance. Nothing disturbed this paradisiac vision.

Nothing, except for the body of a man, clad in long, blue, white and navy striped swimming trunks and black tongs, who was just lying there, the water crawling closer and closer to his head. It didn't take long for the water to reach him and enter his opened mouth, and he sputtered once it retreated.

'Fuckin' water!' He yelled with a raw voice, eyes still closed and not moving. 'I'm goin' to kick yer arse!'
 #34627  by Freja Ostberg

Over the past few weeks, Freja had been spending her time in the Wizarding Expedition Society's centre based in Australia. The girl had been studying some Merfolk with a group of other Magizoologists. Australia was definitiley one of hr favourite spots to spend time working, especially around this time of year when the weather was so warm especially compared to her hometown in the highlands of Scotland.

The now ex-Hufflepuff had decided to spend a few days on Qelelevu island, a peaceful retreat working relentlessly the last few weeks. Now, she was ready to relax for a few days, unwind from society and immerse herself in the paradise that Fiji had to offer.

As Freja sat on the beach, her fingers playing with the sand, she heard a man shout from down near the water. She didn't flinch at first but afterward, when she realized she recognised the voice, she sat up and looked for the voice's owner.

"Dino." she whispered quietly to herself. How could she ever forget that voice? His thick Northern Irish accent gave it away almost immediately.

Quickly, the Scot got up from her towel and started running towards the water.

"Dino." she exclaimed as she got closer to the man. "Dino!"
Last edited by Freja Ostberg on 21 Feb 2020, 13:16, edited 1 time in total.
 #34641  by Dino O'Sullivan

And the fuckin' waves kept coming. The water kept creeping into his nose, mouth, ears... Dino let out a noise that was half scream, half moan, but he did not move. The water started to wet the rest of his body and he complained once more.

'I hate ya, pretty water! Don't come into my bake and my neb no more! I don't want to be wet!' The voice of a woman reached his ears, once the water had retreated, but he could not place it. 'Aye, it's me, the one and only. Tell the water to let me sleep, why won't ya.'
 #34700  by Freja Ostberg

Freja paused in her pursuit to Dino as he replied to her comment. She shook her head, before running again and collapsing in the sand beside him.

"It's me ya feckin' idiot," she replied, pushing the man as she knelt beside him. Her knees were getting wet from kneeling beside her friend and although she hadn't planned on getting in the sea today, she was happy enough with her situation now.

"I cudnae forget that stupid accent even if I tried."
 #34701  by Dino O'Sullivan

'Watch yer fuckin' language, will ya,' Dino replied, his words slurred. He winced as he was pushed on his back. 'Tell the sun to go away! I know who ya are. Yer the girl who-' Dino's words became incomprehensible as he slowly raised his arms to shield his eyes.

'I have two requests for ya,' Dino mumbled, as though he were telling her a state secret. 'Number one, make the sand stop spinnin'. And number two,' he added, holding his fingers up as he enumerated. 'Bring me a drink.'
 #35255  by Freja Ostberg

Freja rolled her eyes as the Irishman rambled on. She fell backwards into the sand, her head lying next to her friend that she hadn't seen in some time now.

The two had been friends during school. While there was a year between them, Freja often found herself in the presence of Dino O'Sullivan and very much enjoyed his company. It was great then when Freja returned after her year of travelling after school and started working for WES that Dino started working there too. The two got closer and Freja always looked forward to bumping into the Irishman on their travels around the world.

"I cannae do anythin' about the sand ya mong." she replied, allowing sand to run through her fingers.

"And I am no' your maid. Get your own drink and get me one while yer at it."
 #35256  by Dino O'Sullivan

Dino groaned loudly, and for a long moment. 'Ach, then what's the use of ya?' His forearm was over his eyes, and he was grimacing. How could the sun shine so bright? Didn't it know that it was hurting him? Eugh.

'Yer not my maid, yer my friend, and a good friend makes sure their hot friend doesn't die from dehydration,' he mumbled. 'I'm much too pretty to die, and think of how sad my parents would be if I died?'
 #35257  by Freja Ostberg

The Scot kicked her friend in the leg at his question. "Who's the good friend and the hot friend in this situation ey?" she asked with a smirk.

"C'mon Dino. It's no' like you to be defeated so easily. You're made of harder stuff than this." Freja sat up in the sand and looked down at the Irish man still lying in the same position she found him.

"And as much as I know yer parents will be upset, I imagine all yer lovers from aroun' the world would be much sadder." she laughed.
 #35261  by Dino O'Sullivan

'Oi,' Dino mumbled after being kicked in the shin. 'I'm obviously the hot one, that was never in question. I mean, have ya seen me?' The front of him was covered in wet sand, so she could be excused for thinking he was made out of the stuff, rather than, y'know, skin, and stuff.

'That's right, all my international lovers!' That was all it took for Dino to bolt upright. 'They'd be devastated. Can't let that happen. Ya'd have to call an international day of mournin'. They'd cry their lamps out.' He rubbed the sand from his face. 'The craic would never be ninety again. So tragic.'
 #35557  by Freja Ostberg

Freja rolled her eyes at her friends response. "Aye Dino, yer absolutely stunnin'."

The Scot knew exactly how to get Dino to react so his response to her statement was not shocking at all.

"I'm glad ye've finally come tae yer senses ya daftie." Freja replied, sitting up in the sand. After a short silence, she jumped up, holding her hands out for Dino to take to get up.

"Let's go and find ye a bevvy and ye can tell me all about yer new years eve."
 #35573  by Dino O'Sullivan

'Right, and high time ya recognized it,' Dino strutted proudly. Freya got up, and he moaned loudly. How? How did she manage it? Dino was fairly certain his own limbs were made out of sand, and not the sticky wet kind. More like the dry kind that goes everywhere when you blow on it, and especially gets into your shorts. It's always in your shorts. It never gets out. How does sand work? Damn.

Dino shook his head, and grabbed Freja's hands, a dead weight for her to carry. It took him a few seconds before he decided to carry his own and got up in earnest.

'Aye, let's find me a drink, because I've obviously not had enough of those yet,' he grumbled. He was still drunk from the night, last thing he needed was to keep imbibing. Or was it? 'Ya want to hear about my New Year's Eve? Woman, yer goin' to need to be sittin' down.'
 #35826  by Freja Ostberg

"Ye know better than anyone else that the only way to cure a hangover is to get a pint into ye." Freja replied, linking arms with her friend as they walked across the sandy beach past others still drunk from the night before.

The Scot dragged her friend a short walk away to a small pub that was surprisingly open when most other buildings surrounding it was closed for the public holiday.

"Right so," Freja began as two pints were served in front of them both. "Update me all on your big night."
 #35834  by Dino O'Sullivan

Dino let himself be led to the pub, offering no resistance whatsoever. 'Well, it wouldn't be like me to turn down a pint, especially when it's the lovely Freja Ostberg who's payin',' he said cheekily.

Already the beer was in front of him, and he took a big gulp, grimacing at the taste. His mouth didn't feel so fresh. 'I wouldn't call it a big night so much as a, uh, what day are we today? I think we've been drinkin' since last year. I've seen this one lad do things with a pineapple, ya wouldn't believe.'
 #35966  by Freja Ostberg

"It's your lucky day pal." Freja replied.

"Dino. On a bender. For three days straight? Unheard of." the Scot replied in a sarcastic tone, also taking a long gulp of her pint.

"Whatever that man done with that pineapple can stay between you and him." Freja smiled at her old friend before continuing. "How long have you been in Fiji?" she asked. "That's if you can remember and haven't been drunk for all of it."
 #36031  by Dino O'Sullivan

'Three days straight? Ach never that long, Freja,' Dino grinned as he took a drink, feeling clever. I'd thank ya for the beer, but I'm too pretty to have to pay for my own drinks.'

Dino's mouth felt gross. Dry and gross. And also there was sand in his bake. Eugh.

'Oi, I'll let ya know that what that lad did to the pineapple was strictly platonic! Don't ya go around imaginin' silly things.' Another sip. 'I want to say November, but I don't remember the exact date. It's been a wild ride, that's for bloody sure. And what are ya doin' here, Freja Ostberg?'