A Magical Roleplaying Experience 

Stories taking place in England, Wales, Scotland, Northern Ireland, and the Republic of Ireland.
Forum rules: When starting your thread, please put a location [Tag] at the beginning of it, such as [Scotland] or [Wales]. Use broad locations if possible, though more detailed descriptions are welcome for specific locations such as schools. Once your thread is complete, be sure to mark and report it as complete to be archived.
 #35836  by Nate Dexter

Location: Outside The Blood Moon Inn • Date: February 14, 2004
Time of Day: 11pm • Weather: Cold

It was confirmed. He hated Valentines Day. Not only was it a ridiculous day to spend a ridiculous amount of money but it was also the one day of the year that couples were overly disgusting and thought it was their Merlin given right to annoy anyone serving them that evening. Nate assumed he would have got away with sickly sweet couples in The Blood Moon Inn but it seems even the seediest of couples loving making out in a dark corner of a dingy pub.

Nate stood outside his place of work, a cigarette hanging limply out the side of his mouth and a pint in his hand. He was never as glad to finish a shift but it was also a Saturday night and he wasn't quite ready to head back to his empty apartment just yet. The question now was where did he head for the night?
 #35881  by Helena Sun

It wasn't that Helena didn't believe in Valentine's Day per se. Somehow, every year she was once again without a favourable partner worth celebrating with. It seemed pretty evident that she would be spending it alone.

The decision to check in on the one friend she knew would also be spending the dreaded date alone was unrehearsed. Nevertheless, the witch found herself apparating to the Blood Moon Inn that particular Saturday evening. Sure enough, she noticed the familiar monks cut and the curl of smoke receding from his mouth.

Helena approached Nate who was standing outside the pub with a knock-off drink in hand. She slid up beside him and whispered lowly in his ear. "Done with work?"
 #35901  by Nate Dexter

"Should a lady like yourself be walkin' round these parts on her own this late at night?" Nate replied, a smirk upon his lips. He took the final two drags of his cigarette before putting it out on the ground with his foot.

"Just finished." he replied, nodding towards the door of the bar. "Never been as happy to see the back of the place. Workin' Valentines Day is always a pain." he explained, stuffing his hands into his pockets to warm them up.

"Any plans yerself for the evenin'?" he asked.
 #35908  by Helena Sun

The eye-roll Helena gifted Nate was long and judicious as she reached into her purse for her own cigarette and a book of matches.

"Thought you loved these kinds of celebratory traps," she sneered as she struck a single match against its home.

"I came to see if you were working, maybe go out for a drink." She didn't add that sitting at home with a bottle of Merlot made her feel especially unloveable on this particular evening.
 #35967  by Nate Dexter

"Well, ye clearly don't know me well enough then, Sun." Nate replied with a smirk.

At the offer of someone to go for a drink with, the man nodded. "Of course. I know a nice bar down here." He replied, nodding down the street away from The Blood Moon Inn.

"It's not half as grungy as this place."
 #36102  by Helena Sun

"What if I like grungy?" Helena felt the need to say almost robotically as she struck up a matchstick and held it close to her lips.

"I can go anywhere, as long as it isn't too preppy" she then followed up, not wanting to dissuade Nate from spending the evening drinking firewhiskey with her.

"And not full of couples either."